Bru dress is complete!

I finished Bru dress for my mulatto girl! I have never used this color combination for a mulatto doll so I wasn’t sure if it works but the dress turned out beautifully. I was very fortunate to have an antique gown from the 19th century with this color and brocade silk, just perfect for doll size.  I took the antique dress apart and used various parts to construct this doll dress.

The base pattern is not very complicated but by adding yards of antique lace helped to make the dress look aged and rich. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

My Next project is to make a hat and shoes. Then she will be complete!






Comments are closed.