I made a corset for little Bru. Now she is all complete however, I am having a major asthma flare-up right now from smoke by wildfire. I won’t be able to photograph her till I feel better. ( I took these photos last week ) Sorry for the long wait. I appreciate your patience 🥺
Finished making a matched bonnet for 14” Bru! Usually a large brim bonnet works the best with this type of dress. This jacket costume makes the doll look “ gorgeous “ and “ grand” .
I used teal blue antique silk velvet at the back and antique silk batiste for the front side of the brim. Decorated simply with antique silk taffeta ribbons and pale blue feather, vintage millinery flowers. Next project is to make shoes
I just finished this aqua blue Bru dress for my 14″ Bru doll. I wanted to try stitching cord trim with patterns on the jacket as an accent this time.
I don’t use this technique very often because it’s very time consuming but totally worth it when I see the result.
I also had this lovely antique lace that I wanted to use so badly for this Bru doll. Unfortunately it did not have enough length but I somehow managed to overlay it on the skirt. Next project is to make a matching bonnet!
My summer break is over. Time to get back to work! I took a little trip to NYC during the break. My friend and I went to see a show on Broadway and a Ballet in Metropolitan opera house. But my main reason for this trip was to go to Garment district. I found a great leather shop to look for kidskin or lamb hide for doll making. I have been buying Italian leather directly from Italy but buying online without seeing actual item is sometime tricky. This time I found many Italian lamb hide with correct thickness with smooth grain on top of the amazing color. I love the cream colored lambskin I found. This shade is very close to an antique Bru body and so hard to find. It was definitely worth the trip !
I made arms for 14” Bru doll.
Next step is to antique the leather and assemble the body. But bursitis on my shoulders worsened from doing body making so I will take a short summer break to rest my body. Have a wonderful summer everyone! 🥰🥰
I have been working on the torso of a Chevrot body. Chevrot body has a unique structure, Metal upper legs are attached to the hip joint and the torso is packed with granulated cork.Parking cork requires a lot of elbow grease. It is very important to pack it as tight as you can in order to make a steady body. I painted lower legs after making holes in my knee joint. I tried to match the color as closely as possible to antique Bru legs then gave an antique finish.
I finished making 14″ Bru Jne 4 head. I set antique blue oval eyes and she looks very nice. I think I am going to use this head for my next doll. I fired six times to paint this head and posted a short video of the painting process of this head on Instagram. That’s about average firing time when I paint French doll heads. You can also view from this link. Fliptastic ( This doll is reserved for a customer on the waiting list)